DB2 11 for z/OS Implementation Workshop
DB2 11 for z/OS Implementation Workshop Course Details:
This course is for installers of DB2 10 z/OS and/or migration to DB2 11 for z/OS using the Install CLIST. The participants are involved in lectures that explain DB2 11 components and pointers, and the processes used to install or migrate from DB2 10 for z/OS. To reinforce the lectures, a series of labs are provided to give each participant hands-on experience installing DB2 10 for z/OS and migrating to DB2 11 for z/OS.
Students access a mainframe environment for the labs.
Date: 11/28/2022 - 12/02/2022 (Monday - Friday) | 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM (EST)
Location: ONLINE (Virtual Classroom Live)
Delivery Format: VIRTUAL CLASSROOM LIVE Request Quote & Enroll
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- ÿPrepare z/OS TSO environment to run the Install CLIST
- ÿProvide appropriate parameters for the Install CLIST
- ÿExecute the Install CLIST
- ÿDefine DB2 10 for z/OS ÿ
- ÿDefine VSAM catalog and alias
- ÿDefine system data sets and databases
- ÿInitialize system data sets and databases
- ÿDefine DB2 10 for z/OS initialization parameters
- ÿDefine user authorization exits
- ÿRecord DB2 11 for z/OS data to SMF
- ÿEstablish subsystem security
- ÿVerify the DB2 10 for z/OS installation
- ÿUpdate subsystem parameters
- ÿCreate a new subsystem parameter module
- ÿMigrate DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS Conversion Mode
- ÿEnable DB2 11 for z/OS New Function Mode
- ÿVerify migration
- ÿConvert the BSDS and Catalog/Directory to 10-byte RBA and LRSN usage
Anyone responsible for maintaining, installing or migrating DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS, or installing DB2 11 for z/OS.