AMA2528: Assertiveness Training for Women in Business
AMA2528: Assertiveness Training for Women in Business Course Details:
Now and then, you're going to overreact or underreact. You'll blurt out something that you wish you hadn't or hurt someone whose opinion you value. Still, the person with good assertiveness skills usually sends the right signals and gets the right responses. With assertiveness training, women can learn how to better handle nearly any situation that comes up-without seeming shy or pushy. Assertiveness skills for women are vital for getting things done, getting what you want, and commanding respect.
This course is assertiveness training for women at its best. As you learn, practice, and refine fundamental assertiveness skills, you'll also share your concerns with other women executives in a comfortable and supportive learning environment.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Assessing Yourself
- Identify and acknowledge your own strengths
- Outline the conflicting roles and know how to reduce role conflict
2. Assertiveness Skills for Women: Techniques and Practices
- Distinguish between the basic response styles of passive, assertive, and aggressive
- Avoid being manipulated by others
3. Key Communication Skills Necessary
- A successful formula for assertion
- Say "no" and survive
- Assertive techniques of fogging, broken record, negative assertion, negative inquiry, and compromise
- Differences between how women and men communicate
- Send harmonious messages
- Listen assertively
- Assumptions about negotiation and how these impact abilities
- Negotiating more effectively
- Develop a personal negotiation plan and personal negotiation skills
5. Overcoming Obstacles to Achieve the Desired Personal and Professional Balance
- Pinpoint your internal obstacles to assertiveness and practice control strategies
- Self-reliance and special support systems
- Your specific anger buttons and how to deal with them productively
- Techniques for preventing and coping with stress
- Incorporate the DOCS model to streamline your time
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Learn assertiveness skills for women to apply in meetings and predominately male environments
- Become comfortable in your own skin
- Develop an action plan based on what you learned
- Deal with conflicts confronting women
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses
- Practice assertive behaviors in challenging situations
- Overcome obstacles to assertiveness skills for women
- Build and project a positive self-image
- Assess your stress and adopt assertive techniques to help manage stress
- Develop an assertive action plan
- Use assertive communication techniques: verbal, nonverbal, and assertive listening
Women executives, managers, and supervisors who want to build their strengths, improve their communication, conflict resolution, delegation, and action plan skills.