Effective Modern C++ for C++ Programmers
Effective Modern C++ for C++ Programmers Course Details:
In this intensive course (based on material in Meyers' landmark books [Modern Effective C++, Effective C++, More Effective C++, and Effective STL]), you will learn how to use C++ effectively. Additionally, you will gain an understanding for how to create libraries and programs that are correct, efficient, portable, maintainable, and extensible.
This course follows a format of lecture and question/answer and does not include hands-on programming. Students are encouraged to bring their computers to class to experiment with the material as it is presented.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
2. Distinguish lvalues and rvalues
3. Understand std::move and std::forward
4. Moving to Modern C++
5. Smart Pointers
6. Rvalue References, Move Semantics, and Perfect Forwarding
7. Lambda Expressions
8. The Concurrency API
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Techniques for writing clear, correct, effective lambda expressions
- Insights into the pros and cons of braced initialization, noexcept specifications, perfect forwarding, and smart pointer make functions
- Systems designers
- Technical managers involved in the design, implementation, and maintenance of libraries and applications using C++11 and C++14