Foundations of C# Programming and the .NET Framework
Foundations of C# Programming and the .NET Framework Course Details:
In this course, you will be introduced to the .NET framework through an overview of languages, libraries, services, and tools. You'll then learn the foundations of the C# language. From basics to the newer features such as generics, partial classes, static classes, global namespace qualification, and so forth. are integrated throughout the course.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. .NET Overview
2. .NET Execution Model
3. Console Application
4. Dynamic-Link Library
5. Language Basics
10. Reference Types
11. Implementation Inheritance 1 and 2
12. Interface Inheritance
16. Event Subscription
17. Windows Forms
18. Introduction to ADO.NET
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Examine core language features such as types, variables, and control constructs
- Use object-oriented features such as class, interface, protection, and inheritance
- Perform error notification and error handling using exceptions
- Use properties to implement the private data/public accessor pattern
- Use namespaces to group related types
- Use delegates and events to implement callbacks
- Override Object class methods such as ToString
- Avoid dll conflicts during deployment
- Use dynamic binding and polymorphism to write generic code (i.e., less code!)
- Distinguish between "implementation inheritance" and "interface inheritance"
- Use ADO.NET to connect to SQL Server and run a simple query
- Build a basic Windows Forms GUI
- Want to gain in-depth knowledge of the core C# language
- Need a fast introduction to the .NET platform architecture
- Would like an overview of how to navigate the .NET Framework class library