AMA2925 Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
AMA2925 Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive Culture Course Details:
Maximize individual, team, and organizational potential through Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) A diverse team with unique individual perspectives can deliver exceptional results. Having such a team calls for a leader with an arsenal of inclusive leadership practices and keen self-awareness.
This course gives you deeper insights into yourself, your team, and the benefits of inclusion at all levels in your organization. Through self-assessments, case studies, and proven hands-on activities, you’ll develop competencies and get tools to create an environment fueled by engagement and innovation. In addition, you’ll learn to apply a roadmap that ensures that all are heard, recognized, and appreciated—so productivity can soar.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Establish a Common Language Through Definitions
- Understand the Business Imperative for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Reflect on the Multidimensional, Multicultural Aspects of Individual Identity
Bridging Communication Differences
- Identify Communication Style
- Recognize Obstacles That May Hinder Communication
- Apply Listening and Empathy to Bridge Differences
- Understand and Recognize Microinequities
- Initiate a Conversation with Someone Whose Difference You May Be Uncomfortable With
Leading a Successful Multicultural Team
- Identify Strengths and Development Needs Using the Inclusive Leadership Assessment
- Master the Art of Inclusive Meetings
- Develop a Skill for Facilitating Teams’ Ability to Work Effectively Together
- Identify Your Ideal Network to Accomplish Your Goals and Advance Your Career
- Identify Leadership Challenges
Dialogue: Having Difficult Conversations
- Use a Model to Hold Difficult Conversations
- Identify Characteristics of Debate, Discussion, and Dialogue
- Practice Dialogue in Conversations
Your Vision and Plan for an Inclusive Workplace
- Review the Seminar’s Key Tools and Takeaways
- Create an Inclusive Vision for Your Workplace
- Build an Inclusive Leader Action Plan
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Understand the Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
- Define Diversity and Inclusion and Describe Their Influence on Day-to-Day Interactions and Decision-Making Processes
- Recognize the Manner in Which Culture Impacts Our Behaviors, Beliefs, Perceptions, and Responses to Others
- Understand the Impact of Culture on the Way We Communicate, Build Relationships, and Lead Teams
- Demonstrate the Ability to Engage in Difficult Conversations and Manage Conflict
- Develop Cross-Cultural Competencies and Messaging Skills That Move Us to Commitment and Action
- Develop a Personal Vision to Apply Seminar Learning That Embraces Diversity and Supports an Inclusive Environment
Managers and leaders who want to promote and lead an increasingly diverse workforce and client base and promote an inclusive environment; diversity and inclusion leaders; learning and development professionals.