IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models in Architect (v10.2)
IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models in Architect (v10.2) Course Details:
This course is designed to teach modelers how to build a basic cube model in TM1 using the Architect tool. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to set up and verify dimensions, cubes, and views, manually enter data into these structures, and define the data that users can see. Students will also learn how to transfer data into the TM1 model, including the use of Turbo-Integrator processes. This course is ideal for users who already have models built with Architect and need a high degree of customization, or whose model complexity has evolved past Performance Modeler capabilities.
This training was developed using IBM Cognos TM1 v10.2 but is applicable to both IBM Cognos TM1 v10.2 and IBM Planning Analytics.
Note: While class exercises are performed within a TM1 v10.2 environment, our expert instructors can provide guidance on all versions including IBM Planning Analytics and their differences.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Examine the components of a TM1 model
- Create dimensions
- Build cubes and views
- Load and maintain data
- Add business rules
- Optimize business rules
- Transfer data into the model
- Customize drill paths
- Use rules for advanced modeling
- Convert currencies
- Model for different fiscal requirements
- Deploy TM1 applications to the Web
- Integrate with IBM Cognos BI
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of OLAP and TM1
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (functions, macros, etc.)
- Understanding of the metrics and drivers of your business
This advanced course is for modelers.