Using IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions for Distributed Platforms
Using IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions for Distributed Platforms Course Details:
This course will teach you how to utilize the IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions; Test Data Management, Data Privacy, and Data Growth for Archiving for Distributed Platforms. Participants will learn how to create "right-sized" test data environments with the Test Data Management Solution, how to privatize confidential data with the Data Privacy Solution, and how to archive retired data with the Data Growth Solution.
This course focuses on the technical aspects of the Optim Solutions and is intended for technical audiences. You will learn the basics of how the Solutions work through hands on exercises illustrating how the technology applies to business scenarios.
This course does not include information on how to install and configure the Optim technology.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions and how they fit into Enterprise Data Management
- IBM InfoSphere Optim architecture components
- Function and contents of the Optim Directory
- Use the Optim Designer to build Optim services
- Use the embedded Optim Manager to run and manage Optim services
- Components of an access definition
- Process for generating and masking test data
- Generate, perform, and validate an extract process
- Utilize column maps and table maps
- Perform a convert process to mask data
- Perform and interpret a compare process
- Create database objects using embedded object definitions
- Populate destination tables using insert process
- Edit and browse test data
- Utilize data privacy functions to privatize data
- Design, construct, and execute an archive process
- Use control files to check archive error conditions
- Design and execute delete processes
- Use the create utility with insert and restore processes
- Perform a selective and a full restore process
- Utilize archive actions
- Maintain archive indexes
- Utilize archive file collections and open data manager (ODM)
- Create and utilize Optim primary keys and relationships
- Relationship traversal concepts
- Execute processes from the command line interface
- Retry and restart processes
- Execute the export and import Directory processes
- Functional, object, and file access security
- List Optim implementation best practices
- A working knowledge of Windows
- A basic understanding of relational databases
- The ability to construct basic SQL statements
This is a basic usage course for application developers, business analysts, database administrators, and technical personnel that are involved in implementing IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions.