DB2 11 for z/OS System Administration
DB2 11 for z/OS System Administration Course Details:
Administrators of DB2 11 for z/OS can acquire a view of the architecture and fundamental processes required to manage a DB2 11 for z/OS subsystem with hands-on labs to gain experience.
Note: While class exercises are performed within a DB2 11 for z/OS environment, our expert instructors can provide guidance on all versions and their differences.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Relate the z/OS IPL process to a DB2 subsystem
- Effects of stopping and starting DB2
- How DB2 sets and use Integrated Catalog Facility (ICF) catalog names
- Use of DSN command processor running in batch and foreground
- Use views to minimize users' ability to see into the DB2 catalog
- See how the catalog (through grant activity) controls access to data
- Search the catalog for problem situations
- Use the catalog and DB2 utilities to determine data recovery requirements
- Internal Resource Lock Manager (IRLM) in a DB2 environment
- Implement DB2 and Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) security
- DB2 program flow for all environments
- Display normal and problem threads and database status
- How the SQL Processor Using File Input (SPUFI) AUTOCOMMIT option defers the COMMIT/ROLLBACK decision
- Interpret lock displays
- Identify and cancel particular threads
- Available DB2 utilities to manage system and user page sets
- An understanding of the objects (tables, indexes, databases, and so forth) used in DB2 systems, and of how those objects are created, managed, and recovered
- A working knowledge of SQL
- At least one year as a z/OS systems programmer or equivalent experience
- Or, one year working with DB2 on the mainframe as a DBA on the mainframe or equivalent experience
This is an intermediate course for system administrators, database administrators, and other technical individuals, who manage and implement DB2 10 for z/OS.