Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management Exam (EX220, EX220K)
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management Exam (EX220, EX220K) Course Details:
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management is a performance-based certificate exam. Individuals who earn the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management have demonstrated the skills and knowledge to deploy and manage a virtualization infrastructure using Red Hat® CloudForms.
- A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management is able to perform the following tasks:
- Perform initial configuration of Red Hat CloudForms
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms to connect to one or more cloud or infrastructure providers
- Use Red Hat CloudForms to provision and manage virtual systems
This exam is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Study points for the exam:
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives, which highlight the task areas you can expect to see on the exam.
Candidates should be able to perform the following tasks:
Perform initial configuration of the CloudForms Appliance.
- Configure CloudForms database and network settings.
- Perform initial CloudForms configuration and configure server roles.
Connect to one or more resource providers.
- Connect to a Red Hat Virtualization infrastructure provider.
- Connect to a Red Hat OpenStack®Platform cloud provider.
Configure authentication and security.
- Create and utilize tenants.
- Create and utilize users, groups, and roles.
Selectively grant access to virtual systems.
Provision virtual systems.
- Provision virtual machines.
- Create provisioning key pairs.
Create volumes and assign them to virtual machines.
Use cloud-init to customize virtual machines.
Perform other management tasks.
- Create and and apply SmartTags.
- Configure chargeback reporting.
- Configure reporting.
- Perform drift analyses.
- Configure alerts.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of Red Hat CloudForms skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of routine CloudForms management tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
Prospective employers of people with the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management credential should verify any and all claims by people claiming to hold this credential by requesting their certificate number and verifying it using the Red Hat certification verification tool.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management Exam (EX220) to consider taking the Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) training course.
While attending Red Hat's classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any as preparation guides for any exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
- Experienced Red Hat CloudForms administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Those who have attended Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220)