RHCSA Rapid Track course with RHCSA Exam (RH200)
RHCSA Rapid Track course with RHCSA Exam (RH200) Course Details:
The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) relates to Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7 and is designed for individuals who already have significant experience with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat® System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat® System Administration II (RH134) at an accelerated pace. On completion of course materials, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
This title is comprised of RH199 and EX200. If you are not looking for private group training, the updated schedule can be found on the RH199 course page. You may also call your training advisor for more information.
Note: This course builds on a student's existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help. Students lacking this knowledge are strongly encouraged to take Red Hat® System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat® System Administration II (RH134) instead.
Note: Global IT Training and Red Hat do not guarantee that anyone who takes one or all of the courses in the Red Hat certification program will pass a Red Hat exam. On-the-job experience, in combination with high-quality training, is the best way to build skills and prepare for a Red Hat exam. The exam itself is a hands-on learning experience, and many of those who do not pass on the first try come away with knowledge of what they need to work on to pass the exam on a re-take.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Accessing the command line
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell
- Managing Files from the command line
- Work with files from the bash shell prompt
- Managing local Linux users and groups
- Manage Linux users and groups and administer local password policies
- Controlling access to files with Linux file system permissions
- Set access permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings
- Managing SELinux security
- Use SELinux to manage access to files and interpret and troubleshoot SELinux security effects
- Monitoring and managing Linux processes
- Monitor and control processes running on the system
- Installing and updating software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories
- Controlling services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
- Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Analyzing and storing logs
- Locate and interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes
- Managing storage and file systems
- Create and use disk partitions, logical volumes, file systems, and swap spaces
- Scheduling system tasks
- Schedule recurring system tasks using cron and systemd timer units
- Mounting network file systems
- Mount network file system (NFS) exports and server message block (SMB) shares from network file servers
- Limiting network communication with firewalld
- Configure a basic local firewall
- Virtualization and kickstart
- Manage KVMs and install them with Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
- Updating software packages with yum
- Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
- Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
- Firewall management with firewalld
- Managing Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs)
- Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
Individuals preparing to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam