Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management with Exam (RH402)
Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management with Exam (RH402) Course Details:
In this course, you will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course.
Note: Global IT Training and Red Hat do not guarantee that anyone who takes one or all of the courses in the Red Hat certification program will pass a Red Hat exam. On-the-job experience, in combination with high-quality training, is the best way to build skills and prepare for a Red Hat exam. The exam itself is a hands-on learning experience, and many of those who do not pass on the first try come away with knowledge of what they need to work on to pass the exam on a re-take.
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management
2. Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server and populate it with software channel content
3. Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups
4. Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion
5. Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways
6. Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems
7. Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems
8. Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems
9. Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal
10. Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content
11. Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks
12. Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests
13. Comprehensive review
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server
14. Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH402) exam
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
RH401 requires RHCE-level skills. The RHCE certificate on 7.1 or higher is recommended but not required. Prerequisite skills can be evidenced by passing the RHCE Exam in either RH302, RH300, by taking RH253, or by possessing comparable skills and knowledge.
Note: Persons should not enroll in RH401 without meeting the above prerequisites. All prospective course participants who do not possess RHCE certification are strongly advised to complete the Red Hat skills assessment before they enroll.
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam