ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridge
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridge Course Details:
Bridge your ITIL® v3 Foundation certification to ITIL 4 Foundation.
The ITIL4 Foundation Bridge course is what professionals with ITILv3 Foundation certification need in order to understand the changes from ITILv3 to ITIL4, prepare for, and pass the ITIL4 Foundation certification exam.
This course provides IT leaders, practitioners, support staff and staff interfacing with the organization’s digital and information systems functions with a practical understanding of the key concepts, common language, principles and practices that enables successful management of modern IT-enabled services. It also prepares delegates for the ITIL Foundation Certificate Examination. The course is based on the ITIL4 best practice service value system featured in the latest 2019 guidelines.
Attendees of this course will receive an exam voucher for the ITIL4 Foundation exam.
The ITIL 4 Foundation Bridge course is a blended experience where time spent in self-study pre-work is an essential element of the course. Specifically, students are expected to spend 6-12 hours studying the following key sections in the e-learning course that is provided with this course:
- Key components of ITIL 4
- Key concepts of service management
- Four dimensions of service management
- Seven guiding principles
- Continual improvement model
- Service value chain
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- IT Service Management definitions; Service, Utility, Warranty, Customer, User, Service management, Sponsor
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships; service offering; service provision; service consumption; service relationship management
- The nature, use, and interaction of 7 ITIL guiding principles; Focus on value; Start where you are; Progress iteratively with feedback; Collaborate and promote visibility; Think and work holistically; Keep it simple and practical; Optimize and automate
- The 4 dimensions of service management; Organizations and people; Information and technology; Partners and suppliers; Value streams and processes
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain, its inputs, and outputs, and its role in supporting value streams
- Service value chain elements; Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & transition, Obtain / Build, Deliver & support
- Detail of how the following ITIL practices support the service value chain: -
- Continual Improvement (including continual improvement model)
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem Management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
- The purpose of the following ITIL practices
- Information security management
- Relationship management
- Supplier management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Service configuration management
- IT asset management
- Business analysis
- Service continuity management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Monitoring and event management
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Key IT service management concepts
- How ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt service management
- The 4 dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the service value system
- The activities of the service value chain and how the to interconnect
- Know the purpose of key ITIL practices
- Preparation to sit the ITIL4 foundation examination
ITILv3 Foundation Certification
Any person that is ITILv3 Foundation certified and wants to keep their certification current with the ITIL4 Foundation Certification.