Microsoft Project 2019 - Level 1
Microsoft Project 2019 - Level 1 Course Details:
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Note : This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an “on-premise” edition or subscribed to a “cloud-based” (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
- Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic B: Define Task Relationships
- Topic C: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan
Appendix A: Navigating in the Microsoft Project Online Environment
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
In this course, students will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan
- Finalize a project plan.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts
- End-user skills with the current Windows operating system.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office products
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.