Working with Spring JMS (TT3357)
Working with Spring JMS (TT3357) Course Details:
Working with Spring JMS is a one-day, fast-paced coding course geared for experienced developers who have prior working knowledge of Java, Spring, and Spring Boot.
The Java Message Service (JMS) API is a Java message-oriented middleware API. JMS enables communication between two or more clients that are loosely coupled and asynchronous in nature. Spring provides a JMS integration framework that simplifies the use of this API. Not only does Spring provide a JmsTemplate class used for message production and synchronous message consumption, it also provides message listener containers that can be used to create asynchronous messages listeners using Plain Old Java Objects
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Session: Spring JMS
Lesson: JMS Overview
- Introduce the Java Message Service (JMS)
- When can JMS be used?
- Introduce the JMS API
- Explain the difference between: Queues and Topics
- See how to program a producer and consumer of messages
- Know the different message types
Lesson: Introduction to Spring JMS
- Introduction to Spring JMS
- Apache ActiveMQ and Apache Artemis
- Introducing the JmsTemplate
- Spring Boot JMS auto configuration
- Resolving JMS destinations
- Message Converters
- Receiving JMS Messages (Synchronous)
- JMS callback interfaces
Lesson: Spring JMS Receivers
- Asynchronous message listeners
- MessageListenerContainer and MessageListenerAdapter
- Annotated Listener Endpoints (@JmsListener)
- Discuss the listener method parameters
- Reply to messages (@SendTo)
- Creating a response Message
Lesson: More Spring JMS
- Programmatic registration of endpoints
- Adding validation to the message payload
- Message Acknowledgement modes
- Acknowledgement in message listeners
- Managing JMS transactions
- Defining and error handler
- Quality of Service properties
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
This skills-centric course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in next-level development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will:
- Review the Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Understand how to leverage the power of Spring Boot to develop JMS applications
- Send and receive JMS messages using Spring JMS
- Discover the Apache ActiveMQ and Apache Artemis message brokers
- Use the JmsTemplate class to send and receive JMS messages
- Understand the configuration of asynchronous message Listeners
- Reply to JMS messages
- Validate the message payload
- Manage JMS transactions
- Explore the advantages of Spring Boot JMS
This hands-on course focuses on ‘learning by doing’, combining expert lecture, practical demonstrations and group discussions with plenty of machine-based real-world programming labs and exercises. Student machines are required.
This in an intermediate-level development course geared for students experienced with Java and Spring programming essentials who wish to quickly get up and running with Spring JMS. In order to be successful in the hands-on portion of the training, you should have incoming practical, hands-on prior experience working with Spring Boot. This course does not cover Java or Spring development basics.
Java Developers, Application Developers, Full Stack Developers, Technical Managers, Architects.