Advanced Interpersonal Communication
Advanced Interpersonal Communication Course Details:
This dynamic full-day instructor-led class includes advanced communication skills, such as identifying communication styles and communicating verbally and non verbally. Also learn to identify the components of a first impression, as well as how to build rapport and build positive relationships. Further, you will learn how to utilize paraphrasing, provide positive and constructive feedback and present ideas and negotiations to supervisors. This class will also focus on responding to customer complaints, as well as identifying and working within the organizational culture.
Communication Styles and Methods
- Communication Styles
- Communication Styles: Primary
- Communication Styles: Secondary
- Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Using Verbal Communication
- Using Nonverbal Methods
First Impression and Building Rapport
- The Importance of First Impression
- Identifying Elements of First Impression
- Communicating to Build Rapport
- Building Rapport
- Establishing Credibility
- Building Positive Relationships
- Asking Questions
Building Relationships through Feedback
- Importance of Providing Feedback
- Using Paraphrasing
- Providing Feedback
- Providing Positive Feedback
- Providing Constructive Feedback
- Understanding Supervisor Styles
- Handling Ineffective Supervisors
- Promoting an Idea
- Handling Human Resource Issues
- Negotiating a Raise
- Handling Resignation
Colleagues and Subordinates
- Communicating With Colleagues
- Responding to a Colleague's Idea
- Communicating With Subordinates
- Refusing a Subordinate's Request
- Handling Dismissal
Customers and Vendors
- Communicating With Customers
- Responding to Complaints
- Communicating With Vendors
- Rejecting a Vendor's Proposal
- Complaining to a Vendor
- Understanding Organizational Cultures
- Socializing to the Culture
- Organizational Culture Elements
- Identifying Organizational Culture
- Cultural Networks
- Using Cultural Networks
- Roles in Cultural Networks
- Managing Physical Culture
- Arranging Meeting Space
- Managing Emotional Culture
- Using Positive Language
- Encouraging Initiative
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Give good first impressions, build rapport, and build positive relationships.
- Build relationships through feedback.
- Identify supervisor roles and handle human resource issues.
- Communicate with colleagues and subordinates.
- Communicate with customers and vendors.
- Identify cultural networks, manage physical culture, and manage emotional culture.
Any basic communication course or training.
All professionals who wish to further develop their communication skills.