Business Finance Basics
Business Finance Basics Course Details:
In this full day live instructor-led class, you will examine financial statementsóincluding the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and statement of stockholders' equityóas guides to fiscal health. You will also identify what you want to gain from a budget and describe the steps of budgeting to meet these goals. Finance and Budgeting Essentials for Business Professionals grounds you in the functions and tools of finance.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Lesson 1: Reviewing Financial Basics
- Topic A: Identify the Benefits of Finance
- Topic B: Describe Financial Statements
Lesson 2: Interpreting Balance Sheets
- Topic A: Identify Elements of Balance Sheets
- Topic B: Analyze a Balance Sheet
Lesson 3: Interpreting Income Statements
- Topic A: Identify Elements of Income Statements
- Topic B: Analyze an Income Statement
Lesson 4: Interpreting Other Financial Statements
- Topic A: Read Cash Flow Statements
- Topic B: Read Statements of Stockholders' Equity
- Topic C: Read Notes to Financial Statements
- Topic D: Identify Elements of Financial Statements for Non-Profits
Lesson 5: Planning a Budgeting Approach
- Topic A: Describe Budgeting Principles
- Topic B: Choose What and How to Budget
Lesson 6: Utilizing Budgets
- Topic A: Prepare an Operating Budget
- Topic B: Prepare an Activity-Based Budget
- Topic C: Monitor a Budget
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Describe the importance and major elements of financial statements.
- Use balance sheets to determine the assets a company has at its disposal.
- Interpret income statements to identify corporate earnings, expenses, and profitability.
All business professionals who want to learn more about business finance.