Kubernetes Application Essentials (CN 120)
Kubernetes Application Essentials (CN 120) Course Details:
Whether your focus is on developing containerized applications or managing a container-centric infrastructure, this class introduces Kubernetes container orchestration for everyone involved in the software development life cycle. Through a real-world approach for design and deployment considerations, students can expect to learn about the foundational Kubernetes components required for application workloads. Specifically, students will examine Kubernetes architecture, explore how Kubernetes objects work together for running an application, and learn how Kubernetes makes use of compute, networking, and storage resources.
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Make effective use of pod architecture
- Deploy workloads as Kubernetes controllers
- Provision configuration at runtime to Kubernetes workloads
- Network pods together across a cluster using native services
- Provision highly available storage to Kubernetes workloads
- Package an application as a Helm chart
- GK 100813 Docker Containerization Essentials (CN110) course or equivalent experience / knowledge
- Familiarity with the Bash shell
- Filesystem navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: General technical audiences & IT professionals
- Roles: Architect basic applications for Kubernetes