Swarm Application Essentials (CN 110)
Swarm Application Essentials (CN 110) Course Details:
In this course, you'll learn what a containerized application looks like when orchestrated by Docker Swarm. We'll cover scheduling workloads across a cluster, networking stateless and stateful applications, provisioning dynamic configuration and persistent storage, and scaling highly available applications in this course intended to set a strong foundation in orchestration for all technical roles.
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Setting up and configuring a Swarm
- Deploying workloads on Swarm
- Networking Swarm workloads
- Provisioning dynamic configuration
- Provisioning persistent storage
- Application rollout and upgrade
- Advanced scheduling control
- GK 100813 Docker Containerization Essentials (CN100) course or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the Bash shell
- Filesystem navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: Develop, operate or manage scalable containerized applications orchestrated by Docker Swarm
- Roles: General technical audiences & IT professionals