Tableau Web Authoring Essentials
Tableau Web Authoring Essentials Course Details:
This course is designed to introduce you to the functions of web authoring in Tableau Online and Tableau Server. You will also learn the skills needed to create, edit, and interact with basic worksheets that use previously published data sources.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Introduction to web authoring
- Editing workbooks in Tableau
- Working with data
- Visualizing spreadsheets
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing your data
- Mapping geographic data
- Making your views available
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn to:
- Navigate the Tableau Online and Tableau Server user interface
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Interact with existing Tableau workbooks and create custom views
- Tag content, subscribe to views, and export views
- Connect to previously published data sources
- Create and edit workbooks in the web authoring environment
- Use filters and sorting to customize data views
- Work with date fields in Tableau
- Explore and create common visualization types, including crosstabs, geographic maps, bar charts, line, graphs, heat maps, highlight tables, combined axis charts, and scatter plots
- Create dashboards
- Use reference lines and built-in analytics to highlight important elements of your data
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom calculations and ratios, and quick table calculations
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
New web authoring Tableau users and those seeking a formal introduction to Tableau Online.