Tableau Data Prep
Tableau Data Prep Course Details:
This course is designed to provide you with the tools and knowledge to prepare and shape data in Tableau Prep. Throughout this course, our instructors will take you from conceptual data preparation to creating useful Tableau Prep flows that can be output to Tableau Desktop for analysis.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Introduction to the workspace
- Introduction to the workflow
- Data literacy concepts
- Connecting to and configuring data
- Exploring data
- Cleaning data
- Preferred data structures in Tableau
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Opening a data sample and creating an output file
- Best practices for data preparation
- Complex flows
- Starting with a question
- Hands-on data preparation
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll:
- Understand what data works best with Tableau Desktop and how to shape and clean it
- Learn how to maximize flexibility from Tableau Desktop
- Learn how Tableau Prep folds into the analytic cycle and when to prep data in Tableau Prep vs. Tableau Desktop
- Understand the terminology used in Tableau Prep
- Know how Tableau Prep approaches data sampling
- Create and understand data prep flows that address common scenarios encountered in data preparation, as applied to common data use cases
- Know how to view data prepared in Tableau Prep using Tableau Desktop
- Understand data exploration and validation in Tableau Prep and Tableau Desktop
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
Before attending this course, you should be an experienced Tableau user and familiar with writing calculations.
Experienced Tableau users seeking to become proficient in data prep.