macOS Support Essentials 10.15 (Catalina)
macOS Support Essentials 10.15 (Catalina) Course Details:
macOS Support Essentials 10.15 is a three-day course that teaches the best ways to support macOS Catalina users. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, group discussions and hands on exercises that provide real world experience.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Installation and Configuration
- Participants learn to update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Catalina, then set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac.
Participants are introduced to the command-line interface and macOS Recovery.
- User Accounts
- Participants learn to manage user accounts and user home folders. They also learn about macOS security and password management.
- File Systems and Storage
- Participants learn to manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions and file sharing.
- Data Management
- Participants use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight. They also learn to manage system resources and Time Machine.
- Apps and Processes
- Participants install, manage, and troubleshoot apps, and manage documents.
- Network Configuration
- Participants manage basic and advanced network settings and troubleshoot network issues.
- Network Services
- Participants manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall.
- System Management
- Participants manage printers and scanners, then troubleshoot peripherals, startup and other system issues.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- How to use macOS Catalina tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Catalina.
- macOS Catalina features and functionality, including how to find more information.
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.15 certification.
- macOS familiarity.
- Basic computer navigation skills.
- People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS.
- People who support Mac users.