ACUCW2 - v12.5 - Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 2
ACUCW2 - v12.5 - Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 2 Course Details:
The Global IT Training companion course to ACUCW2 is ACUCW1. This latter course focuses on “Moves, Adds, Changes and Deletes (MACDs)” for a Cisco Collaboration Solution in a multisite deployment. The preconfigured environment used as the starting point for ACUCW1 is created from scratch in the ACUCW2 course. These two courses together provide coverage of both multisite deployment and administration.
Interested in some parts of ACUCW1 and ACUCW2? Contact us to discuss course customization: we can design a custom course for you covering the material you need covered in the time you have available. Taken the previous version of ACUCW1 and ACUCW2? Consider the new ACUCW Lab workshop: a whiteboard-based workshop focusing on the ACUCW1 and ACUCW2 labs.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Architecture and Initial Configuration
- Describing the Role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Its Architecture and Its Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Performing Initial Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
- Deploying Endpoints and Users
- Multisite CUCM Dial Plan Design and Deployment
- Describing Dial Plan Components
- Understanding Call Flows and Call Legs
- Endpoint Addressing and Call Routing Overview
- Implementing Calling Privileges
- Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
- Implementing Gateway Selection and PSTN-Access Features
- Implementing Call Coverage
- Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
- Managing Bandwidth
- Implementing Call Admission Control
- Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility
- Module 5: Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM&P
- Understanding Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence
- Enabling Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
- Module 6: Cisco IP Phone Services
- Deploying IP Phone Services
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Why Take ACUCW2 from Global IT Training?
Global IT Training is the only training partner offering role-based training on a real-world multi-site lab topology specifically designed for the needs of North American students. No other training partner offers a course, like ACUCW2, designed to address the needs of advanced or senior administrators in North America and specifically targeting multi-site deployments:
- Many Cisco Collaboration Solution administrators are focused on application administration and do not configure routers: router configuration is not included in the class
- Labs are based on real world multi-site network
- Accompanying follow-on courses provide an excellent track for career development.
What You’ll Learn in Class?
In this class you will learn the advanced administrative concepts needed to understand Cisco Collaboration Solution configuration:
- Learn about the Cisco Collaboration Solutions 12.5 Preferred Architecture
- Perform initial system configuration including service activation, enterprise and system parameter configuration,
- CallManager group and device pools configuration
- Build a line/device multi-site dial plan using local route groups
- Deploy calling privileges using partitions, calling search spaces and translation patterns
- Understand the NANP (North American Numbering Plan) and its implications for multisite deployments
- Deploy CUCM mobility features: extension mobility, device mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach)
- Configure Instant Messaging and the Presence Server
- Configure Jabber Clients for full UC services
- Lab 1: Remote Lab Access
- Lab 2: Initial System Configuration Enhanced
- Lab 3: NTP and Date/Time Group Configuration
- Lab 4: Device Pool Configuration Enhanced
- Lab 5: BUF850 SIP Trunk Configuration and Testing
- Lab 6: Route Group Configuration
- Lab 7: Route List Configuration
- Lab 8: Route Pattern Configuration and Testing Enhanced
- Lab 9: Calling Privileges Configuration Testing Enhanced
- Lab 10: Deploy NYC516 Site NEW
- Lab 11: Deploy SEA253 Site NEW
- Lab 12: Deploy SEA425 Site OPTIONAL BONUS Lab NEW
- Lab 13: Deploy HAM601 Site OPTIONAL BONUS Lab NEW
- Lab 14: Deploy WPG602 Site OPTIONAL BONUS Lab NEW
- Lab 15: Jabber Configuration in Phone Mode BONUS Lab NEW
- Lab 16: Region Configuration Enhanced
- Lab 17: Locations Configuration Enhanced
- Lab 18: Device Mobility Enhanced
- Lab 19: Extension Mobility Enhanced
- Lab 20: Unified Mobility Enhanced
- Lab 21: Enable IM and Presence Enhanced
- Lab 22: LDAP Configuration OPTIONAL BONUS Lab Enhanced
- Lab 23: Disaster Recovery OPTIONAL BONUS Lab
- Lab 24: Call Hunting OPTIONAL BONUS Lab
For this advanced administrative course, you should have experience performing basic CUCM administrative tasks, including IP Phone moves, adds and changes and as well have some familiarity with the CUCM Administrative GUI. An understanding of router configuration is not needed.
- Administrators who need a more comprehensive understanding of the Cisco UC infrastructure.
- Administrators, engineers, network architects, and integrators with overall responsibility for Cisco UC networks.