VMware Horizon 7: Troubleshooting and Performance Optimization [V7.7]
VMware Horizon 7: Troubleshooting and Performance Optimization [V7.7] Course Details:
During this five-day hands on training you will gain the advanced knowledge, skills, methodology, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the View component of VMware Horizon 7.
You will increase your skills and competence in using VMware and third-party tools to analyze and solve problems associated with a View implementation.
This lab intensive course provides you with a comprehensive environment to test your skills at identifying and solving a broad range of issues.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Discuss troubleshooting techniques
- Describe methods for efficient troubleshooting in a consistent and repeatable manner
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Understand how to use Horizon Administrator to troubleshoot View problems
- Understand how to use the command line to troubleshoot View problems
- Understand how to use VMware and third-party tools to identify and troubleshoot View problems
- Interpret log files
- Troubleshooting Virtual Desktops
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot virtual desktop problems
- Use VMware tools to optimize virtual desktops
- Troubleshooting USB Connectivity and Printing
- Discuss how View supports connecting USB devices to clients as well as printing to local and remote printers
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot USB connectivity and printing problems
- Troubleshooting Display Protocols
- Discuss the topology and architecture of display protocols in View
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot Remote Desktop Protocol, Blast Extreme, HTML Access, and PCoIP problems
- Optimize PCoIP and Blast Extreme for performance
- Troubleshooting View Composer
- Discuss the architecture, purpose, and benefits of View Composer
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot View Composer problems
- Troubleshooting Instant Clones
- Discuss the architecture, purpose, and benefits of instant clones
- Understand how to create and deploy instant-clone desktop pools
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot instant-clone problems
- Troubleshooting SSL Certificates
- Discuss certificate authority and SSL certificates
- Discuss the proper method to install and replace certificate authority and SSL certificates
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot SSL certificate problems
- Discuss how a data center’s infrastructure can affect the performance of a View environment
- Discuss best practices for data center infrastructure for View
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Use the Horizon Administrator Web client, log files and VMware and third-party tools to analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems in a View environment.
- Optimize the display protocol and the virtual desktop to ensure an optimal end-user experience.
- Identify infrastructure problems as they relate to View.
- Discuss View installation problems and best practices.
This class requires understanding the concepts and topics presented in the following courses:
VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals
Experience in working with View and VMware vSphere is helpful.
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for maintaining the View component of VMware Horizon 7.