IBM Decision Server Insights v8.10: Developing Solutions
IBM Decision Server Insights v8.10: Developing Solutions Course Details:
Decision Server Insights combines rules and events on a highly available platform. By using Decision Server Insights, you can build applications that make decisions in near real-time and in situational contexts. You’ll experience how to use time-based reasoning and location-based reasoning to build a real-world solution that detects and responds to business situations. You’ll also learn the key capabilities of the multi-agent architecture of Decision Server Insights by developing several agents that are bound to a single entity for different purposes.
This course focuses on solution development, deployment, testing, and administration. You’ll learn how to implement the business logic that detects business situations and uses situational context to decide and take the next best action.
The course begins with an overview of the programming model for Decision Server Insights and the architecture for the Decision Server Insights runtime environment. You’ll learn how to design a Decision Server Insights solution, model the business entities and events that you care about, and implement the business logic. You’ll work with a realistic test client to test the behavior of your implementation after deployment.
The course also covers administration topics, including installation, configuration of the Decision Server Insights reference topology, solution deployment in a grid environment, and grid administration.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Introducing IBM Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Getting started with Decision Server Insights
Designing Decision Server Insights solutions
- Exercise: Creating a solution in Insight Designer
Creating the business model
- Exercise: Defining the business model
Authoring the business logic
- Exercise: Creating a rule agent
- Exercise: Writing and testing rules
Working with aggregates
- Exercise: Using event and shared aggregates in rules
- Exercise: Testing for the absence of events
- Exercise: Testing solutions
Modeling and defining connectivity
- Exercise: Defining connectivity
Integrating Decision Server Insights
Configuring Insight Server
- Exercise: Installing Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Configuring Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Deploying solutions
Administering Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Administering Decision Server Insights
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Decision Server Insights programming model and architecture
- Design and create a Decision Server Insights solution
- Define the business model for the events, entities, and concepts that are relevant to your domain
- Work with aggregates for calculations across events
- Implement business logic with rule agents and rules to detect and respond to business situations
- Deploy solutions to the Insight Server runtime and test runtime behavior
- Explain Decision Server Insights integration capabilities
- Install, configure, and administer a Decision Server Insights grid environment
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge of the WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile
- Familiarity with the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style
- Familiarity with WebSphere eXtreme Scale
Developers and Programmers