Apple Deployment Essentials
Apple Deployment Essentials Course Details:
In this 2-day course, students will gain the skills, tools, and knowledge they needed to deploy Mac computers and iOS devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through configuring and managing these Apple devices. Students will work through real-world scenarios to test and reinforce your knowledge and skills.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Explore the challenges and inconsistencies of manually configuring multiple devices in an organization.
- Learn how to use MDM to configure and manage devices consistently and efficiently.
- In this introduction to Apple Business Manager, you’ll configure settings to enable over-the-air enrollment and supervision and learn how users can personalize organization-owned devices.
- Learn about the security technologies that protect the system, apps, and data on Apple devices. Configure restrictions, enforce FileVault on macOS, and manage the flow of data on iOS.
- Compare and contrast methods for restoring macOS and iOS devices to factory state. Gain experience using built-in tools and discover how to rapidly return devices to service.
Deploy shared devices
- Configure devices for shared use. The devices have distributed apps and content, but users can’t personalize them.
Design a scenario
- Evaluate real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, design a deployment that meets your scenario’s needs and then present your solution to the class.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Identify similarities and differences when you deploy macOS and iOS devices
- Observe how deployment methods can adapt as organizations grow and change
- Define the role of mobile device management (MDM) and Apple Business Manager in the successful deployment of Apple devices
- Respond to the challenges of deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on personally owned and organization-owned devices
- Design and implement deployment solutions for real-world scenarios
- iOS and macOS familiarity
- Basic iOS device and Mac computer navigation skills
- IT professionals who deploy and manage Apple devices
- Technical professionals who help customers choose Apple devices