Applied Excel for Statistical Analysis and Better Business Decisions
Applied Excel for Statistical Analysis and Better Business Decisions Course Details:
The need to advance in the world of decision making, analysis, marketing, accounting and finance has never been greater. Gain new insights into the hidden analysis power of Excel and learn how to harness modeling functions during this two-day, practical modeling seminar. Learn the array of useful tools and functions from a seasoned expert who has taught in MBA programs at the business schools of Columbia University, New York University, Temple and Rutgers, and quickly create models that deliver accurate, relevant information related to efficiency, forecasting, data mining and a host of other business and reporting applications.
You will leave the course proficient in power functions and techniques that others do not even know exist. You will be set to immediately begin implementing what you have learned to the benefit of your job and your career.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- Using Excel Efficiently ó short review of Time Saving Techniques
- Formulas, Functions, Relative and Absolute Addressing
- Efficient ways to calculate efficiently individual formulas and functions or simultaneously thousands of cells
- Naming Cells and Ranges
- This is the most common unknown secret of Excel
- You can use those names in formulas, to replace values or cell references
- Naming cells and ranges is a game changer when you use spreadsheets
- Charts in Excel
- Instant chart, column line and other charts
- Advance Charting Techniques
- Formatting charts, adding data to charts, 3-D design and adding pictures to charts; Animated Charts
- IF Functions
- Simple IF and nested IF functions
- Developing nested functions to cope with multiple conditions
- Text in Excel
- Text to Columns
- Convert Text to Columns as an easy way to separate simple cell content, such as first and last names, into different columns.
- Text Manipulations
- Text functions such as LEFT, RIGHT, FIND and advanced features
- Statistical Tools
- Descriptive Statistics
- Descriptive statistics are used analyze the basic features of the data
- Will show how to use Excel statistical functions
- Using all functions from average through standard deviation and frequency distributions and charts
- Data Analysis
- Excel add-in to run all the Descriptive statistics in a single click
- Regression is used for forecasting and Datamining.
- Will practice the application of regression functions and charts
- Descriptive Statistics
- What-if Analysis ó Basic Analytic Decision Making Techniques
- This part is important for Decision Making Techniques using Excel. We harness the power of Excel to solve complicated analytic problems with the simple tools provided by the software
- Goal Seek
- Goal Seek is used to get a particular result when you're not too sure of the starting value. It can be applied to many applications. One example is the break-even point of an investment.
- Sensitivity Analysis and Data Tables One way Table
- Very powerful part of Excel; used for a variety of applications of what-if analysis. It will show you how by changing certain values in your formulas you can affect the result of your formula.
- Using Scroll Bars for Sensitivity Analysis
- Using scroll bars to change values is an impressive presentation tool
- The Solver
- The Solver as Multi Variable Goal Seek" Substitute When the Goal Seek is not sufficient and you want to use more than one changing cell
- The Solver ó Optimizer
- The Solver Add-in is an optimizing too that finds the best way to allocate limited resources
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Save countless, valuable hours when you become efficient and proficient in Excel
- Learn to manipulate text with various functions
- Learn and apply basic tools of business modeling in the decision making process
- Explore in depth sophisticated tools such as sensitivity analysis
- Use financial functions for corporate or personal decisions
- Learn risk analysis tools
- Search through large databases to discover patterns to help you with research, marketing, customers, suppliers and more
- Prepare extraordinary and creative charts and graphs
- Present your data and models in a visually powerful and convincing manner
- Discover how to use and calculate statistics without being a statistician using Excel add-ins
From CEOs to managers to entry-level assistants, this workshop benefits anybody who uses Excel on a regular basis to make decisions. You should attend this course if you:
- Make any quantitative or graphical presentations
- Are a decision maker at any level
- Spend more than 10 hours a month using Excel