Analyzing Data with Excel (M20779)
Analyzing Data with Excel (M20779) Course Details:
The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel
This module looks at the classic Excel dashboard and at ways to extend it.
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
Module 2: The Excel Data Model
This module looks at the classic Excel data model and at ways to extend it.
- Using an Excel Data Model
Module 3: Importing Data from Files
This module looks at pre-formatting and importing CSV files.
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
Module 4: Importing Data from Databases
This module looks at how to import data into Excel from a SQL Server database.
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
Module 5: Importing Data from Excel Reports
This module describes how to import data from a report.
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
Module 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
This module describes how to create and format measures.
- Advanced DAX Functions
Module 7: Visualizing Data in Excel
This module describes how to visualize data in Excel.
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
Module 8: Using Excel with Power BI
This module describes how to use Excel with Power BI.
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel
Lab : Building a Classic Excel Dashboard
- Formatting Data
- Building a Pivot Table
- Adding pivot charts and a slicer
Lab : Explore an Excel Data Model
- Create Calculated Columns
- Format Data Model Data
- Create Measures
- Analyze the Data
Lab : Importing Data from a CSV File
- Import and Transform Data from a CSV File
- Add Data from a Folder
Lab : Import Data from Multiple Sources
- Import Data from SQL Server
- Import Data from a CSV File
- Create a Data Table
Lab : Importing Data from a Report
- Import Data from Excel
- Transform the Excel Data
- Load the Data into an Excel Data Model
Lab : Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
- Last year comparison
- Year to date
- Market Share
Lab : Data Visualization in Excel
- Create a Tabular Report
- Create a Pivot Chart
- Add Slicers to Charts
Lab : Creating a Power BI Dashboard with Excel
- Uploading Excel Data
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Using Power BI desktop
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.