SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop
SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop Course Details:
Learn how to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence or virtualization, the SAN Volume Controller (SVC) to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. This course will focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools.
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-time Compression.
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
Date: 11/29/2021 - 12/02/2021 (Monday - Thursday) | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
Location: ONLINE (Virtual Classroom Live)
Delivery Format: VIRTUAL CLASSROOM LIVE Request Quote & Enroll
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the benefit of implementing a SAN Volume Controller (SVC) storage virtualization solution
- Differentiate between the SVC 2145-DH8 model and the previous generation SVC 2145 models
- Outline steps required to integrate the SVC system solution
- Implement zoning policies for device access between the SVC, native disk storage, and host servers
- Implement the SVC GUI and CLI management operations to configure, monitor, and manage the SVC systems
- Identify issues related to coexistence between the SVC and native disk storage access across host servers
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized SVC system environment
- Implement storage efficiency solutions to maintain data growth, enhance storage performance and reliability
- Apply advanced system management strategies to provide high availability
- Employ administrative operations to maintain system ability
Architects, Engineers, and Administrators