IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 Implementation and Administration
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 Implementation and Administration Course Details:
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management and policy-driven retention.
This course focuses on the implementation and administration of an IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
• Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
- Ability to navigate Windows 2012
- A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
Implementors, Engineers, and Administrators