Focal Point - Python for Network Defenders
Focal Point - Python for Network Defenders Course Details:
This course was created for novice programmers or those new to Python and designed for a very hands-on instructional experience. You will learn the foundations of Python including modules, classes, functions, object types, numeric types, strings, lists and dictionaries, statements, and more. The objective of this course is to equip you with skills you can immediately leverage to build powerful Python scripts. This course is a great starting point for security analysts seeking to automate repetitive or complex analytic tasks.
No classes are currenty scheduled for this course.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
In this class you will learn:
- Understand the foundational concepts of scripting and the Python language
- Use control statements, branching and looping to establish flow in a script
- Employ modules and libraries to optimize code writing
- Ingest and analyze file inputs using input/output libraries and regular expressions
- Handle errors and exceptions gracefully
- Create simple graphical user interfaces
- Use simple networking functions such as creating sockets and sending email programmatically
- Object Types
- Input Statements
- Flow Statements
- File & Directory Operations
- Pattern Matching
- System Interaction
- Advanced String Operations
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- A broad understanding of computer systems
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and the TCP/IP protocol suite
- No previous programming experience is required
- Security Analysts seeking to automate routine tasks
- Incident Responders needing to accelerate their response strategies
- Network Analysts looking to develop custom scripts and tools
- Malware Analysts wanting to script analytic tasks