CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training (Exam PT0-002)
CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training (Exam PT0-002) Course Details:
CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the most comprehensive exam covering all penetration testing stages. Unlike other penetration testing exams that only cover a portion of stages with essay questions and hands-on, PenTest+ uses both performance-based and knowledge-based questions to ensure all stages are addressed.
PenTest+ is the only exam on the market to include all aspects of vulnerability management. It not only covers hands-on vulnerability assessment, scanning, and analysis, but also includes planning, scoping, and managing weaknesses, not just exploiting them.
PenTest+ is the most current penetration testing exam covering the latest techniques against expanded attack surfaces. It is a unique exam that requires a candidate to demonstrate the most relevant pen testing skills for the cloud, hybrid environments, web applications, customized systems (IoT), and traditional on-premises.
The new PenTest+ exam (PT0-002) launched October 27, 2021!
PenTest+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
This Course Supports a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets: DoD Directive 8140 / 8570.01-M IT Training Requirements.
Lesson 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Lesson 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Lesson 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
Lesson 6: Penetrating Networks
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
Lesson 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *Nix-Based Vulnerabilities
Lesson 8: Testing Applications
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Lesson 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests, including the ability to:
- Plan and scope penetration tests
- Conduct passive reconnaissance
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information
- Conductive active reconnaissance
- Analyze vulnerabilities
- Penetrate networks
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Test applications Complete post-exploit tasks
- Analyze and report pen test results
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability