This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system. Learn how to manage AIX files and directories, use the vi editor and AIX utilities, and customize the working environment.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use the AIXwindows Environment
- Use the Common Desktop Environment
This basic course is intended for anyone who requires basic AIX/UNIX user skills to be able to work in an AIX environment.
This course is also a prerequisite for many courses in the AIX Systems Administration curriculum.