This course is a deep dive into data analytics using Tableau. You’ll explore data visualization with Tableau from basics to advanced. It also includes data organization and scripting, visualization, working with time dimensions, incremental loading and blending, and integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop.
Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau
- Why Data Visualization is needed.
- Making sense out of numbers
- Uses of Tableau
- Features of Tableau
Basic Visualization Design
- Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
- Exporting Data
- Connecting Sheets
- Loading into Tableau visualization engine
- Basic visualizations: Text Tables, Bar, Line, and Pie Charts
- Basic maps: interpreting the same
Visualizations Deep Dive
- Make Advance Charts and Graphs.
- Highlight Tables
- Heat Maps, Circle Plots, Side by Side Bars, Continues Lines, Scatter Plots, Dual Charts, Area Charts, and Tree Maps
Data Organization and Scripting
- Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
- Calculated Metrics
- Sorting and Filtering
- Totals and Sub Totals
- Various Aggregated Measures and Percentages
- Data Spotlighting and Summary Card
- Date and time functions, String Functions, and Logical Functions
- Data Items
- Data behind your views
- Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, and Bins
The World is Your Visualization
- Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements.
- Dual Charts, Dual Axis, Combination Charts, and Gantt Charts
- Motion Charts, Box, and Whisker Plots
- Reference Lines and Reference Bands
- Pareto Analysis
- Water Fall Charts
- Market Basket Analysis
Playing with Time Dimension
- Create Time based calculations.
- Quick Table Calculations, Custom Table Calculations, and YTD
- Parallel Period, Moving Averages, Running totals, Window Averages, Trend Lines, and Predictive Models
What is Your Location?
- Location analytics capabilities to put geographic And other spatial context to your analysis.
- Filled Maps and Symbol Maps
- Geo Coding
- Online Maps
- Sorting in Maps
- Background Maps
Incremental Loading and Blending
- Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
- Data Blending from multiple source systems
- Custom SQL Queries
- Creating Incremental Loads
- Creating File Extractions
Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop
- Integration of Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
- Connect to Hadoop Systems from Tableau
- Integrating Tableau with R
- Connecting to R Server Parameterized R calls
- Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation
- Forecasting Models
Case Study – Optional
Sharing Insights with Enterprise Dashboards: Work in a real time environment for Tableau Projects. One mini project will be provided. Understand the requirement and create dashboards, storyboards, and deploy your dashboards for the project.
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll:
- Understand why Data Visualization is needed
- Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs
- Make advance charts and graphs
- Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results
- Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
- Create Time based calculations
- Use location analytics capabilities to put geographic and other spatial context to your analysis
- Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis
- Learn how to Integrate Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics
- Create various dashboards, story boards, and deploy your dashboards for the project
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
This course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, with multiple practical exercises designed to reinforce core skills and concepts taught throughout the course. Students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. This course is “skills-centric”, designed to train attendees in essential Tableau data handling functions and reporting skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest practices.
You should have a data analysis background and be an experienced Tableau user.
Experienced Tableau users.