Professional Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master
This Professional Scrum Master course will introduce students to the fundamental principles of Scrum and the specific role a Scrum Master plays in facilitating a Scrum team. Gain an understanding of how Scrum teams are set up and how they can work closely together to efficiently resolve issues.
Scrum requires a cultural shift and mind-set change in order to manage the introduction and implementation of scrum into an organization. Scrum promotes visibility to team members and product owners of project status at any given time through tactics such as daily Scrum meetings, task-level tracking, and burndown charts. Team-based exercises provide the practical application skills and knowledge needed to bring Scrum principles to your projects.
No classes are currenty scheduled for this course.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
- What is Scrum and how has it evolved?
- Why does Scrum Work?
- What are the core principles of Scrum?
- How the Scrum principles are different from those of more traditional software development approaches
- What is the impact of Scrum?
Scrum Framework and Meetings
- How Scrum theory is implemented using time-boxes, roles, rules, and artifacts
- How can these be used most effectively and how can they fall apart?
Scrum and Change
- Scrum is different: what does this mean in regard of my project and my organization?
- How do I best adopt Scrum given the changes that are expected?
Scrum and Total Cost of Ownership
- A system isn’t just developed; it is also sustained, maintained, and enhanced
- How is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of our systems or products measured and optimized?
- How Scrum teams are different from traditional development groups?
- How do we start with Scrum teams and how do we ensure their success?
- Plan a project and estimate its cost and completion date
Predictability, Risk Management, and Reporting
- How can predictions be made, risk be controlled, and progress be tracked using Scrum?
- Why Scrum works great with one team?
- Why Scrum works better than anything else for projects or product releases that involve hundreds?
- The theory and principles of Scrum which help with decision making
- The best ways to use Scrum
- What you need to get your Scrum Master certification
Individuals responsible for the successful use or roll-out of Scrum in a project or enterprise, including:
- Scrum masters
- Project managers
- Individuals involved in the software development process