PRINCE2® Foundation Certification
PRINCE2® Foundation Certification
The PRINCE2® Foundation will provide participants with a fundamental understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method, and help participants prepare for the PRINCE2® Foundation examination.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
About the Exam
For students attending a classroom event, the PRINCE2® Foundation exam will be offered on the third day of class. For students attending a Virtual Instructor Led event, students will receive a voucher for a web-proctored exam. It is a closed book exam consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions. To pass, you must receive a score of 55% (33 out of 60).
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Introduction to PRINCE2®
- The structure of PRINCE2®
- What PRINCE2® does not provide
- What makes a PRINCE2® project
Project management with PRINCE2®
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- What is it we wish to control?
- What does a project manager do?
- Projects in context
- Applying PRINCE2®
- Tailoring and adopting PRINCE2®
- Business case theme
- PRINCE2® requirements for the Business Case
- Guidance for effective business case management
- Techniques: investment appraisal
- The organization theme
- Roles and responsibilities
- PRINCE2® requirements for organization
- Guidance for effective project organization
- The quality theme
- PRINCE2® requirements for quality
- Guidance for effective quality management
- Technique: recommended quality review technique
- The plans theme
- PRINCE2® requirements for plans
- Guidance for effective planning
- Techniques: prioritization, estimation and scheduling
- The risk theme
- PRINCE2®’s requirements for risk management
- Guidance for effective risk management
- Technique: recommended risk management procedure
- The change theme
- PRINCE2®’s approach to change
- Guidance for effective change control
- Technique: recommended issue and change control procedure
- The progress theme
- PRINCE2®’s requirements for managing progress
- Guidance for effective progress control
- Technique: progress evaluation and peer review
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
Considerations for organizational adoption
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- PRINCE2® Foundation:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® themes
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in a Project Initiation Documentation
- Understand techniques for the management of product development, quality control & change control
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation examination paper.
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to have some understanding of project management.
Participants will be given access to a PRINCE2® pre-course video module two weeks prior to the start of the class (subject to booking conditions).
It is important that participants complete the pre-course work prior to attending as the content covers items essential to the successful running of the program. It will also enhance the learning experience for all participants.
- Those considering adopting PRINCE2®
- Project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project officers
- PMO staff
- Consultants and contractors