Quality for Project Managers
Quality for Project Managers
In this course, you will learn how to develop or improve the quality programs at your workplace. You will use systems thinking to plan quality into your project, prioritize requirements to meet customers' quality needs, select quality assurance and quality control activities that are tailor-fit to your project, and use quality management processes, tools, and metrics to increase the likelihood of project success. You will use a Quality Management Plan to document and structure a thoughtful approach to project quality management. You will gain insight into applying quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control to real-world projects.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
PMI is registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Quality Control and Closure Project Quality
- What Is Quality?
- History of Modern Quality
- Project Quality Management
2. Planning Quality
- The Process of Planning Quality
- Systems Thinking in Planning Quality
- Role of Stakeholders in Quality
- Quality Requirements
- Quality Planning Tools
3. Performing Quality Assurance
- The Process of Performing Quality Assurance
- Process Analysis Tools
- Quality Assurance as Part of the Critical Path
4. Performing Quality Control
- The Process of Performing Quality Control
- Measurement and Tracking Tools
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Using Quality Assurance and Control Tools
- Quality Control and Closure
5. Case Studies
- Illustrate the Importance of Quality
- Define Quality
- Define the Attributes of Quality
- Distinguish Between Quality and Grade
- Propose a Quality Program for Your Workplace
- Identify Quality in the Triple Constraint
- Perform a Stakeholder Analysis
- Identify Positive and Negative Risks for Your Project
- Prioritize Requirements
- Develop a Quality Management Plan
- Determine the Impact of Quality Assurance Activities on the Critical Path
- Select Quality Assurance Tools
- Create a Pareto Chart
- Draw a Cause and Effect Diagram
- Plan and Perform a Quality Audit
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Apply systems thinking when planning quality into your project
- Develop or improve quality programs at your workplace based on modern quality theories and approaches
- Determine quality assurance activities for your project and how to measure them
- Prioritize requirements to better meet customer needs and ensure quality
- Relationship between risk and quality
- Develop a quality management plan for your project
- Determine the impact of quality assurance activities on the critical path
- Select the appropriate quality assurance and quality control tools for your project
- Plan and perform a quality audit for your project
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, quality assurance team members, product managers, and program managers.