The Python language has been emerging as a very powerful, flexible, and simple programming tool for building all manner of applications. Maybe you're one of the many developers looking get started with Python. If so, then this hands-on language course is just the thing for you.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
1. Introduction to Python
2. Language Basics
3. Working with Basic Types and Collections
6. Error Handling
7. File I/O
8. Iterator Zen
9. Pythonic / Idiomatic Python
10. Web Applications in Python (Pyramid)
11. Database Access via SQLAlchemy (ORM model)
12. Database Access (NoSQL / MongoDB)
13. Building Redistributables (Modules and Packages)
14. Debugging and Unit Testing Python
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Install Python and writing basic scripts
- Language features needed in all applications
- Advanced functionality such as OO Python, the Pyramid web framework, MongoDB, and Data API
- Unit testing, debugging, and multi-threaded parallel code in Python
Developers who need to be effective with Python immediately after the course