Python has often been thought of as clean scripting language or a simple language to glue "real" applications together. This view is completely out of sync with the real possibilities of the Python language. This course will show you the true power of the language and the ecosystem. You will see that entire high-performance application stacks can be built in Python.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
1. Lightning Review of Python Language
2. File I/O
3. Pythonic / Idiomatic Python
4. Database Access (Relational)
5. Database Access via SQLAlchemy (Core Model)
6. Database Access via SQLAlchemy (ORM Model)
7. Database Access (NoSQL / MongoDB)
8. MongoDB with MongoEngine
9. Build Redistributables
10. Web Applications in Python (Pyramid)
11. Pyramid Layouts, Controllers, and Forms
12. Build RESTful and HTTP-Based Web Services in Python
13. Debugging and Unit Testing with Python
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Build rich MVC-based web applications with Pyramid
- Ways to access relational databases from direct SQL
- Accessing popular NoSQL, document-databases with MongoDB, PyMongo, and MongoKit
- Build redistributable Windows-based EXEs that do not depend upon Python being installed on the target system
- How to test all these applications to keep them running correctly
Lab 1: Real World MongoDB with MongoEngine
Lab 2: Building Redistributables (Modules and Packages)
Lab 3: Web Applications in Python (Pyramid).
Lab 4: Real-World Pyramid: Layouts, Controllers, and Forms
Lab 5: Building RESTful and HTTP-Based Web Services in Python
Lab 6: Debugging and Unit Testing Python
Developers who want to take Python to the next level and need to be effective with Python immediately after the course