In this course, you will learn the technologies and skills needed necessary to design highly interactive, feature-rich and user-friendly websites and webpages. Topics and skills covered in this course are truly fast-changing, and on the cutting edge of web development.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
2. Web Application Performance
- Download Options
- Debugging, Optimization, and Profiling
- Memory Management
- Why jQuery?
- Basic jQuery
- Manipulating the DOM
- More On Element Selection
- More on Attributes!
- More jQuery!
- Event Handling
- More On Elements!
- jQuery Plugins
- jQuery UI
4. Web App Design Patterns
- UI Patterns Overview
- Layout Patterns
- Navigation Patterns
- Selection Patterns
- Rich Interaction Patterns
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Relevant terms and concepts
- Learn enough of the DOM API to bend it to your will
- Make communication between the browser and your server possible
- Leverage closures
- What jQuery is and how to add it to your applications
- Use jQuery to select complex sets of elements from the DOM
- Develop rich web pages that respond to user interaction
- Interact with your server-side code using Ajax
- Explore a wide variety of plugins and learn how to write your own
Hands-On Learning: As a programming class, this course provides multiple challenges labs for students to work through during the class. This workshop is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. Multiple detailed lab exercises are laced throughout the course, designed to reinforce fundamental skills and concepts learned in the lessons. At the end of each lesson, developers will be tested witha set of review questions to ensure that he/she has fully understands that topic.