Junos Service Provider (JSPX)
Junos Service Provider (JSPX)
The Junos Service Provider Switching course is a two-day course that provides students with intermediate switching knowledge and configuration examples that are most common in a service provider implementation. The course includes an overview of switching concepts such as LANs, Layer 2 address learning, bridging, virtual LANs (VLANs), provider bridging, provider backbone bridging, VLAN translation, spanning-tree protocols, and Ethernet Operation, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM).
This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) interfaces, routing instances, virtual switches, load balancing, and port mirroring. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos Software and device operations.
No classes are currenty scheduled for this course.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Carrier Ethernet
- Ethernet in the WAN
- Ethernet Standards Organizations
- MX Series Layer 2 Features
Chapter 3: Ethernet Switching and Virtual LANs
- Ethernet LANs
- Configuring and Monitoring VLANs
- Configuring and Monitoring IRB
- Layer 2 Address Learning and Forwarding
- Layer 2 Firewall Filtering
Chapter 4: Virtual Switches
- Routing Instances Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring Virtual Switches
- Interconnecting Routing Instances
Chapter 5: Provider Bridging
- Expanding the Bridged Network
- Provider Bridging
- Configuring and Monitoring Provider Bridging
- Provider Backbone Bridging
- Configuring and Monitoring Provider Backbone Bridging
Chapter 6: Spanning-Tree Protocols
- Overview of STP
- Overview of RSTP
- Overview of MSTP
- Overview of VSTP
- Configuring and Monitoring Spanning-Tree Protocols
- Understanding BPDU, Loop, and Root Protection
Chapter 7: Ethernet OAM
- OAM Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring OAM
Chapter 8: Ethernet Ring Protection
- ERP Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring ERP
- LAG Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring a LAG
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
- Introduction to carrier Ethernet
- Describe the function of an Ethernet LAN
- Describe Ethernet frame filtering
- Implement VLAN tagging
- Implement IRB
- Implement a virtual switch
- Describe interconnecting routing instances
- Describe provider bridging
- Configure and monitor provider bridging
- Configure and monitor provider backbone bridging
- Explain the purpose of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Configure and monitor the STP, the RSTP, the MSTP, and the VSTP
- Explain the purpose of bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), loop, and root protection
- Describe the basic operation of link fault management (LFM)
- Describe the basic operation of connectivity fault management (CFM)
- Configure and monitor Ethernet OAM
- Describe and configure Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP)
Students must have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Students should also have attended the Introduction to the Junos Operating System(IJOS) and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) courses or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
Network engineers, technical support personnel, reseller support engineers, and others responsible for implementing and/or maintaining the Juniper Networks products covered in this course.