Network+ (Ultimate Bootcamp)
Network+ (Ultimate Bootcamp)
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
Call (919) 283-1653 to get a class scheduled online or in your area!
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Networking Overview
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Types
- Identify Network Configurations
- Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Noise Control
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Install a Wireless Network
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Address Implementation
- Delivery Techniques
Lesson 6: Routing
- Enable Static Routing
- Implement Dynamic IP Routing
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
- Assign IP Addresses
- Domain Naming Services
- TCP/IP Commands
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Unified Communication Technologies
Lesson 9: Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- SAN Implementations
- Cloud Computing
Lesson 10: Network Security Basics
- Introduction to Network Security
- Threats and Attacks
- Authentication Methods
- Encryption Methods
Lesson 11: Preventing Security Breaches
- Physical Security Controls
- Network Access Controls
- Install and Configure Firewalls
- Harden Networks
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Lesson 12: Responding to Security Incidents
- Incident Management and Response
- Basic Forensic Concepts
Lesson 13: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- VPN Protocols
Lesson 14: Network Management
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management Documentation
- Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Models
- Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues
- Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Network+ Exam
- Network Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Planning and Implementing a SOHO Network
- Legend for Icons Used in Network+ Figures
*Please Note: Course Outline is subject to change without notice. Exact course outline will be provided at time of registration.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- escribe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
CompTIA recommends (but does not require) 9 months of network-related IT experience.
- IT personnel who need a solid foundation in networking
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CompTIA Network+ certification exam N10-006
- Managers and supervisors who must oversee network-related activities